The quake’s reported intensities are:
- Intensity VI – Surigao City and Pintuyan, Southern Leyte
- Intensity V – Mandaue City, San Ricardo, Limasawa, and San Francisco, Southern Leyte
- Intensity IV – Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, and Butuan City
- Intensity III- Hibok-hibok, Camiguin, Tolosa and Tacloban, Leyte, Bislig City, Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental
- Intensity II- Cagayan de Oro City, Talocogon City, Agusan del Sur, Dumaguete City, Cebu City
- Intensity II- Bislig City
- Intensity I- Cebu City and Cagayan de Oro City
Phivolcs said the quake caused damages to Surigao City and nearby towns and 183 aftershocks were felt up to the morning of 15 Feb 2017. The tremor did not trigger a tsunami because the movement of the fault is horizontal in motion.NDRRMC Response Cluster was activated at 1200H on 11 Feb 2017 to monitor and augment to the needs of the affected areas. The NDRRMC Response Pillar was able to send four (4) relief flights to Surigao del Norte between 12-14 February 2017. (please see response actions for the full details) Seeing signs of normalcy in the affected area the Response Clusters were deactivated 1700H 15 Feb 2017, but agency-specific response will still continue.
|DATE||TIME||LATITUDE (ºN)||LONGITUDE (ºE)||DEPTH (KM)||MAGNITUDE||LOCATION|
|10 Feb 2017||10:03PM||09.82||125.37||011||6.7||014 km N 78° W of Surigao City (Surigao del Norte)|
- Damaged Road Sections Region XIII due to Magnitude 6.7 Earthquake 11Feb2017 1800H - DPWH
- Executive Summary Magnitude 6.7 Earthquake 11Feb2017 1800H - DPWH
- Magnitude 6.7 Earquake as of 11Feb2017 1800H - DPWH
- Activation of Clusters for the Response Operation Magnitude 6.7 Earthquake in Surigao City 11Feb2017 1700H - NDRRMC
- Magnitude 6.7 Earthquake in Surigao City, Surigao del Norte 10Feb2017 Emergency Meeting - NDRRMC
- Initial Report on M6.7 Surigao EQ 10Feb2017 2203H - PHIVOLCS
- Surigao City Earthquake_Sitrep No._06_20170215_1800H
- Surigao City Earthquake_Sitrep No._05_20170214_0800H
- Surigao City Earthquake_Sitrep No._04_20170213_0800H
- Surigao City Earthquake_Sitrep No._03_20170212_0800H
- Surigao City Earthquake_Sitrep No._02_20170211_2000H
- Surigao City Earthquake_Sitrep No._01_20170211_0600H
|11Feb2017||CAAP||The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) has shut down the Surigao airport that was damaged by a strong quake that shook the city Friday night.
CAAP Director General Jim Sydiongco on Saturday ordered the immediate repair and rehabilitation of the runway damaged by the 6.7 magnitude quake.
Sydiongco said that the earthquake partially damaged the 1,700-meter runway.
The airport terminal was also damaged.
PAL Express and Cebu Pacific Air operate daily flights to Surigao from Manila.
Cebu Pacific suspended all flights to and from Surigao.
“Affected passengers may be accommodated via mounted Cebu-Butuan-Cebu flights or avail of any of the following options, without penalties – rebook their flights for travel within 30 days from original departure date, reroute their flights to alternate ststions (Cebu or Bacolod) within 30 days from original departure date, or opt for full refund or travel fund,” CEB said in an advisory.
Passengers to Surigao City can take flights to and from Butuan airport.
The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) has suspended the operation of the Surigao City airport after Friday's powerful quake damaged their runway.
In its Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) issued on Saturday, CAAP said repair and rehabilitation of the damaged runway is estimated to last for a month.
According to CAAP Area Center XII manager, Evangeline Daba, the quake partially damaged the concrete 1700 meter runway 18/36 of the Surigao airport.
SUSPENSION OF CLASSES
|Classes suspended are from 13-15 February 2017 in all levels in Surigao City and Surigao Del Norte.|
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._09_20170215_1800H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._09_20170215_1800H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._08_20170215_0600H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._08_20170215_0600H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._07_20170214_1800H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._07_20170214_1800H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._06_20170214_0600H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._06_20170214_0600H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._05_20170213_1600H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._05_20170213_1600H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._04_20170213_0400H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._04_20170213_0400H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._03_20170212_1800H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._03_20170212_1800H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._02_20170212_0400H (Presentation)
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._02_20170212_0400H
- Surigao City Earthquake Response Actions No._01_20170212_0630H